Mission and Vision
The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis, a nonprofit organization founded in 1920, is based upon the conviction that an educated citizenry is essential to a healthy democracy. The Foundation sees higher education as a catalyst for positive change, a force that can transform the lives of individuals and families and advance the economic and civic health of societies.
A community that truly recognizes the importance of higher education is one that ensures the doors to postsecondary opportunity are open to all who have the potential to succeed, regardless of economic background or lack of resources.
In pursuit of this vision, The Scholarship Foundation provides access to postsecondary education to members of the community who otherwise would not have the financial means to fulfill their educational goals.
- The Scholarship Foundation furnishes direct financial support to students for postsecondary education.
- It provides information that students and families need to make financially sound educational choices.
- To those who share its vision, the Foundation offers opportunities to participate in its realization through financial and in-kind support and volunteerism.
- The Foundation contributes to enlightened public policy through advocacy for its vision of postsecondary educational opportunity without financial barriers.
- The Scholarship Foundation helps lead a collaborative network of community and educational partners dedicated to ensuring that students are prepared for postsecondary education and supported as they persist in their studies and earn their degrees.