What We Do
The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis, a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, opens doors to higher education through direct assistance programs for students and through active participation in many aspects of the St. Louis regional community.
- The Foundation’s core financial aid programs provide interest-free, fee-free loans and outright grants to students for postsecondary education. Over the last 5 years, the Foundation has distributed over $22 million to qualified area students who are pursuing graduate, bachelors, associate, and technical degrees at accredited educational institutions throughout the United States. Loan repayments are recycled into new loans for additional qualified students. (For more details about The Scholarship Foundation’s interest-free loans and grants, see Student Loans and Grants.)
- The Student Advising Program provides information and guidance to assist more than 6,000 area students annually in determining what educational opportunities they want to pursue after high school. The program operates through active partnerships with dozens of high schools, libraries, college access, and community service organizations. (For descriptions of Student Advising Program services go to Advice.)
- The Foundation conducts free public workshops at which students and their family members can learn more about financial aid, decipher confusing official notifications of aid eligibility and become familiar with basic principles of financial literacy. (For more information about Scholarship Foundation workshops see Workshops and Assistance.)
- The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis is a founder and leader of St. Louis Graduates (formerly the St. Louis Regional College Access Pipeline Project), a coordinated, collaborative, community-wide effort involving educational institutions, corporations, charitable groups, and other service providers. The project’s goal is to increase the percentage of St. Louis residents who have postsecondary degrees to 60 percent by the year 2025. St. Louis Graduates publications and announcements about services are available through its website, www.stlouisgraduates.org.
- The Scholarship Foundation provides a variety of philanthropic options to donors who choose to support its educational programs. These include donations of cash and securities, and planned giving through trusts, gift annuities, and bequests. (To see which donation options might best meet your needs, please explore the Donate section of this website.)
To see more details on The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis’ programs, click on the links below:
|2017 Annual Report||2016-18 Program Data|
|2016 Annual Report||2015 Program Report|
|2015 Annual Report||2014 Program Report|
|2014 Annual Report|